South India – A major tourist destination
South India is referred as the southern region of India. It comprises of 5 states, Tamil nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Telangana as well as 3 union territories, Puducherry, Andaman and nicobar islands and Lakshadweep here -10 best places to visit in South India
South India serves as a major tourist attraction for most of the domestic as well as international tourists. Before heading out to visit the southern part of India on your own, we suggest you to look for the cheap South India tour packages from Mumbai
South India is a huge tourist destination which offers uncountable tourist attractions and activities for everyone. We have picked out some of the best places you could make a visit if you are confused to choose one. Now if you are travelling as a couple, you can avail the Best South India honeymoon packages from Delhi.
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu – Your trip to south India will not get completed without a visit to Ooty. It is situated in the beautiful western ghats and offers spectacular scenic views. You can enjoy a boat ride on the lake, go for trekking or explore the beautiful flower gardens.
- Coonoor, Tamil Nadu – Coonoor is a hill town tourist spot in Tamil Nadu stretched by the Nilgiri greenaries. A perfect destination where you can go for trekking and explore the valley. It serves as a very good summer tourist attraction.
- Wayanad, Kerala – Wayanad is a very beautiful tourist destination in Kerala surrounded by the Nilgiris. You will be mesmerised by the beautiful weather and atmosphere it offers. Go for long walks, trekking and explore the beautiful place and the waterfalls.
- Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu – Yelagiri town is comprised of nearly 14 villages blended together between 4 mountain ranges. The place is a treat for the tourists with lots of activities and sightseeing available. You can enjoy the famous summer festival if you plan to visit at the end of May.
- Nandi Hills, Karnataka – The zig-zag roads leading to Nandi Hills is a Biker’s arena. It is one of the best summer destination in the country. The weather of the place always remain pleasant and one can visit Nandi hills anytime round the year.
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu – Kodaikanal is named as the ‘Gift of the Forests’ due to its scenic beauties and greeneries. It is among of the most beautiful places in the country. Go for trekking or opt for fun boat rides on the lakes.
- Araku Valley, Andhra Pradesh – Araku Valley is one of the unexplored places in the southern India. The place serves as one of the best summer destinations ever. Visit the place and blend yourself with the local tribes inhabiting this place. The place is a perfect escape for you from the busy hectic lifestyle.
- Coorg, Karnataka – A beautiful hill town, Coorg is a beautiful tourist destination in South India. Trek through the trails of Brahmagiri mountains, explore the coffee plantations, waterfall lookouts and many more activities to go around.
- Munnar, Kerala – Munnar being one of the best hill stations in the country, also serves as one of the best romantic places across the globe. The place is stretched along the Western Ghats. Go for a walk and explore the beautiful tea gardens, Eravikulam national park and more.
[Planning to Visit Kerala Tour Packages on Discount Rates Click Here – http://www.geturholidays.com/kerala-tour-packages.html ]
- Yercaud, Tamil Nadu – Yercaud is a popular summer hill station in Salem. Go for a boat ride on the lake, explore the small animal zoo and explore the large tea estates and caves available in this place.
Here are the 10 best places to visit in South India. These are some of the best summer hill stations across the entire country.